Monday, September 21, 2009

You Call That A Day Off?

I have been a parent for quite some time now, nearly 19 years. In that time it has become apparent to us parents that one of our chief rolls is to embarrass our children. I mean, why not, they spend most of their early years doing it to us, so turnabout is definitely fair play. Only rarely comes the opportunity to help a friend and fellow parent embarrass their child. That is my honor tonight. Say hello to Jason Moore, my neighbor. This beautiful picture is compliments of his dad Larry, who proudly showed it to Kay and I as we stopped through Larry and Darlene's place in Boise on our trip home from dropping Beth off at college. I don't think that I need to say much more about this photo as it truly lend credence to the old adage that "a picture is worth a thousand words". Now I know where Brady, my buddy and Jason's son, gets his love of snakes, crocodiles and all things jungle.

Speaking of Jason, He and his lovely wife Sherilyn, along with Brady and dog Lucy came across the cul-de-sac just as our day of work, or day off, was coming to an end. I mentioned the furniture building appointment in my post from this morning, and it did take place. Kay and I, mostly Kay, built two altars for the pre-school rooms in our new school that will be opening in January. They are just about done, as only the legs need to be attached and a polyurethane finish applied. I will post a picture of the finished product in the next day or two, provided that we do finish. Our meeting with the Moores consisted of some very nice conversation, and an opportunity to throw a tennis ball 4 or 500 hundred times out into the street so that Lucy could bring it back and drop it at my feet for another go around. Once again, by the time it was over, that tennis ball weighed as much as a bowling ball due to the accumulated dog slobber.

A now, a quick word about the weather...GREAT. Yeah, that was quick. It was beautiful today, 72 degrees with a bluebird sky. Tomorrow will be warmer, with Wednesday and Thursday warmer still. It is back to the 80s again in spite of the fact that fall officially arrives tomorrow. In fact, the weather still looks rather summer-like through the weekend into early next week, warm and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment