Thursday, September 10, 2009

More Football!

If you are a regular reader of this rag, you know by now that I love football. Earlier tonight the NFL season began, and there was a college game on TV too. I told Kay that she should be proud of me for showing remarkable restraint. I didn't watch either of them! We were out on the porch talking to our neighbor Lisa, and by the time it got dark, and then we cooked dinner (Chinese by the way) the games were all over. Actually Kay changed the channel to NBC just as the Steelers kicked a field goal in overtime to beat the Titans and said "hey Brian, there is football on TV...oh...the game just ended! I also have to give a shout out to my little 3 year old buddy Brady. When I got home from work today, about 5:30pm, he rolled up on his scooter (he calls it a motorcycle) and told me that he was a big boy, because he didn't poop in his pants. I told him how proud I was of him. about 10 minutes later he dropped a load in his shorts that his dad Jason described as "really nasty". Obviously, there is more work to do here.

I spent most of the day at a conference for Lutheran Pastors out at Hope Lutheran Church in Spokane Valley. I am not a Pastor, but I play one on TV...well, actually I don't do TV anymore, but it sure looks like God is calling me to be a Pastor, so I was invited to attend. It was an interesting experience and I learned a lot. When I got back to my church, St. John's Lutheran, I discovered that parking lot of the new building had not been paved as expected, but I guess that is okay since it has been covered with gravel and compacted so we can still park on it on Sunday morning, blacktop or not, for our inaugural service in our new building. Today was a good day in another respect as well, since we were approved by the United States Postal Service to be able to mail at Standard Nonprofit Rates meaning that the bulk mailing to everyone in southwest Spokane County went out today. This mailing advertises the outdoor concert and worship that we are having next Saturday, along with information about our pre-school that will be starting on January 4th of 2010. That is only 3 and a half months away.

And now...the weather...after reaching a high temperature of 78 degrees today the next few days will be even warmer. High temperatures will be in the Low to mid 80s tomorrow, and in the mid to upper 80s on Saturday and Sunday. This will all be under sunny skies and light winds. Looking farther down the road there are no real signs of any chilly fall weather even through most of next week, so again, it looks like the summer of 2009 does not want to give up, and that is alright with me.

Tomorrow is September 11th. Please join me in flying the American Flag!

No comments:

Post a Comment