Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Promise Delivered














As promised, here is the weekly update on the church construction. It is really exciting in that the building is just about completely framed in, and the finishing work is all that is left. That is still a lot of work, but you can certainly see what the final product will look like. Next Sunday we will be having our church service in the new building. It won't be completely sealed up, but I am sure that I will be able to fond a spot to stand that will be dry.
Tomorrow morning we will have a traditional Lutheran communion service. In honor of that the sermon will be about football. I love to talk about football. In reality, it is about walking the walk, and not just talking the talk, so I am incorporating a little bit of discussion about trash talking, which is too much a part of the modern game of football, especially in the NFL.
Speaking of football, my alma mater, the Wisconsin Badgers, opened the season with a victory over Northern Illinois. It ended up closer than it should have been, 28 to 20, but a win is a win. They are a young team so I am hopeful that they have learned from today's game, and will improve in the coming weeks. Several of the Big Ten teams squeeked by with wins over what were perceived as lesser opponents, so I won't be reading anything more into those games than to say that a win is a win. Next week Fresno State comes to Madison to play the mightly Badgers so we will see how things go next Saturday.
The Washington State Cougars got their butts kicked by Stanford today (although not as bad as last year), while the Huskies of the University of Washington hung in there against LSU. It will be nice when the teams from Washington can regularly be relevant in the national college football conversation again. I make it a point to get to Pullman at least once each football season to take in a game, bit I still haven't decided which game that I will be attending this year. If you want to meet me there, just let me know when you will be going.

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing! I can't wait to see it in real life!! See you guys in about 6 weeks or so!!

    ReplyDelete