Tuesday, September 1, 2009

News Flash

This just in...we are going to have the first service in the new church on Sunday September 13th at 9:00am. Obviously, the church building will not be finished, but the roof will be over our heads and so if it rains we will be a-okay. I got the official okee dokee from Willie, our project manager, this morning so we are going to go for it. Since the place can seat 200 people we will only be having one service that morning at 9:00am. I was in the building today and the place looks huge! It is going to be such a change when we move in from where we are worshipping now, in the house. Having the service in the unfinished new building will give me the opportunity to personally invite some folks that have been kind of kicking the tires, but haven't committed to coming to services in the house so far.

Weather...there was a little bit of lightning and thunder earlier, but it is now all gone. Tomorrow will be a mostly sunny and hot day, with temperatures climbing into the low 90s. Cooler air will begin blowing in Thursday, and that is a trend that will last into the weekend. I still look for a few showers by late Friday into Saturday, but not much, since moisture will be lacking. By the weekend highs will be only in the low 70s, if that. Tomorrow I will comment on what is expected for the upcoming winter, since I have had a few questions asked along those lines the past couple of days.

Good night all.

1 comment:

  1. Sad to say we won't make the first, but we will be there with bells on in October! Will you be in the church from now on? Can't wait to see it. Even though I still get a tear in my eyes when I think of the place we got married is now just an empty block. SAD!! :0

    ReplyDelete