Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wild Times At The Seminary

Remember what I said a day or two ago, "what happens in Fort Wayne stays in Fort Wayne"? Well, there is some truth to that. Tonight we had some musical entertainment in the student union. The performer was one of the students, and he played the keyboard and sang very well. It wasn't at all religious music, but rather a mix of 60s, 70s and 80s stuff, along with Broadway show tunes. He also had people doing some karaoke. There was one guy from Baltimore that was just fantastic. He sang several songs, and it was obvious that he had some professional training. Some of the others got up with varying degrees of success. I must confess, one does a lot of that at a seminary, that I got up too. I was talked into singing Johnny Cash's "Ring Of Fire"...with not a lot of success. I did another song, and it was much better, but using the above motto I am not going to identify what that song was. Those that know me very well, and have for a longtime, could probably figure it out. It was well received by the assembled masses.

Looking at today's weather, the temperature in Fort Wayne beat Spokane by 4 degrees, 59 to 55. It is still cloudy here, but I am holding out hope for sunshine tomorrow. Thursday is looking even better. We will be in class all day tomorrow, and most of Thursday, but the sunshine should lift the spirits.

On a totally unrelated, I wanted you to know that I am being housed in Albrecht Hall here on the campus of the Concordia Theological Seminary here in Fort Wayne, Indiana. You can make of that what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment