Monday, September 14, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Form what I have gathered from those who I know who are retired, today was a foretaste of my retirement. I was busier than most working days, and right now I am still and sore to prove it. The day started of slowly, or at least my ability to play tennis started off slowly. After an abysmal first set I got things turned around for the second set of the day. When I got home I took care of felling the condemned tree in the front yard, which after last evening resembled a beat up fence post. It was then time clean up for class, then return to the logging project after lunch. Pulling the stump proved to be a relatively easy task, as just digging beneath it caused the roots to give way. That stump has been disposed of, the hole left behind filled in, and grass seed has been gently sprinkled over the top of it. All of this was followed by laundry, vacuuming, and cleaning up some of the gross stuff that had been accumulating on the porch, mostly due to my overwatering of the dwarf lemon tree that is parked on a table out there during the warmer times of the year. I did manage to watch some of the US Open men's tennis final, in which Roger Federer went down to defeat, and a little bit of the two Monday Night Football games. That pretty much sums up my day.

The weather today seemed a bit more humid than normal, although the observations did not match my perceptions. I sure was sweating like a pig though. Today's high temperatures was a warm 80 degrees, and tomorrow looks like it will be a few degrees warmer again. The warmest day of the week will be Wednesday, when we will be back up into the upper 80s again. For the end of the week we will drop back to the upper 70s to low 80s and we might see a few showers. My lawn, especially the spot where the tree used to be could sure use a bit of rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment