Sunday, September 6, 2009

It All Turned Out All Right

Someone once said, 99% of all of the things that worry about never come true. I guess that sums up today. The keyboard player, Inna, showed up at church, and the sermon didn't bomb. Actually, it was quite well received, mainly because it was a little shorter than normal! If you read the earlier post, from this morning, you will know that the thought of my alarm not going off was causing me to lose sleep. Well...it didn't go off! I had it set for 7:00am and at 6:57am I got so sick of looking at the clock to see what time it was that I just decided to get up. I had been looking at the clock every ten minutes or so for about two hours.

The church services worked out okay today. There were a few more people than I had expected, being a holiday weekend and all. We have some new people that have started to attend over the past month or so, and they were all there, and some folks that we hadn't seen for awhile are coming back. That really makes me feel good. Some of the regulars were traveling this weekend but we still were pretty full.

The highlight of the day came this afternoon...a nap. I went upstairs and turned on the TV to football (Kay wasn't supposed to know about that!), and promptly drifted off into slumberland. That rest was interupted by a call from Beth, who as you may know is spending the weekend at my brother Dave's cottage on Post Lake in northern Wisconsin. It sounded like they were all having way to good a' time, and now Beth swears that Dave and I are twins. I guess she thinks that we a lot alike. It just took a little longer for me to emerge onto the earth than my brother...like about a year and a half!

Now the day is winding down, and dinner will be forthcoming. It will probably happen about 9:00pm, as usual. Tomorrow is Labor Day so all of us should spend the day laboring. I will be playing tennis at 8:00am, and then will probably spend the day getting ready for my aviation weather class to start on Tuesday. I'll be tussling with my website I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment