Monday, September 28, 2009

Blown Away By The Experience

I have just finished the first day of my "official" seminary training and it has literally almost blown me away. We woke up to wind gusts of about 50 miles per hour here in Fort Wayne, and they haven't back off much yet. There were also some thunderstorms that moved through last night at about 2:00am, but wouldn't you know it I slept right through them. Speaking of sleeping, the accommodations are a bit "spartan", but at least the bed is long enough to "accommodate" my feet. For the first night here both Rev. Young and I slept fairly well. At least it was sounding like Virtus was asleep, otherwise there was a mountain goat snorting just outside our door for half of the night.

Today we were involved in orientation through most of the day. We actually start our first course of study Tomorrow, with the meat of it coming Wednesday through Thursday morning. There is talk of going out for hot wings and beer here in a few minutes, so we probably don't want to miss out on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment