Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Night, And The Livin' Is Easy

There is just something about Friday night that makes you happy. Even if you still have job responsibilities on Saturday, Friday night is still a relaxing time. Kay and I spent some time on the porch talking about the events of the day, and talking with Brady about the important events in his life. Most centered around a giant spider that his dad got out of the attic in their garage. This spider is not one that ever lived, but rather a Halloween decoration. When you are a 3 year old boy Halloween is something that really gets you fired up.

All in all, today turned out to be a real joy. All of the dragons that needed to be slayed showed up with their tails between their legs and never posed much of a threat. I had the opportunity to spend some quality time with people that I always knew that I enjoy spending time with, and some that I just learned today that I enjoy as well.

There is another busy day ahead tomorrow. I am hoping to be able to watch a little bit of the Wisconsin-Michigan State football game tomorrow morning, before heading off to church to set up for the regular Saturday pot-luck lunch. Tomorrow afternoon I have 3 basketball games to officiate, and then tomorrow evening I have to pack and prepare to take off to Fort Wayne, Indiana very early Sunday morning. I am going with Reverend Virtus Young, who has been the interim Pastor at our church, and is going to be my mentor as I study to become the full-time Pastor at St. John's Lutheran. Spending almost a week with Virt will be a big challenge for me. I may have problems with my gizzard from laughing all of the time because he is just that kind of a guy! I thank God that I have known him for about 9 years now, and it has truly been a joy the entire time.

Tonight's weather forecast is still pretty much the same as earlier today. Tomorrow will be another warm day for late September, but the winds will pick up from late morning through the afternoon into the evening. It will be a partly sunny day with a high in the upper 70s to about 80 degrees. Sunday should be mostly sunny and cooler. Afternoon temperatures will approach 70 degrees, which is near the average for this time of year. Much cooler and wetter weather will be here by the middle of next week, so plan to change your wardrobe by next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment