Monday, September 21, 2009

Its Cold Out There!

When I took the trash bins out to the street last night the air had that feeling to it that said winter can't be too far away. Well, it is 13 weeks away to be exact as fall begins very early tomorrow morning (4:44am), and each season is roughly 13 weeks. In a more general sense, it was the nip in the air that got my attention, and got me wondering if maybe I SHOULD cover up the tomato plants. I decided to stick with the forecast that said that the frost and freezing temperatures would be found outside the urban and suburban areas this morning, and that has worked out pretty well. In town the temperatures have dropped into the upper 30s to around 40 degrees, while in the outer spots it has gotten a whole lot colder. Deer Park airport has been down to 27 degrees so far this morning, and out at the Turnbull Wildlife Refuge just south of Cheney the current temperature is 24 degrees as of 7:00am. Skies are clear and winds are light.

Looking at what this week has in store for us, as fall begins, is a return to summer-like weather. We will see temperatures reach into the low to mid 70s this afternoon, with bright blue sunny skies. Tomorrow will be a little warmer again, back up around 80, and from there it will be mid to upper 80s for Wednesday and Thursday, and maybe a little cooler on Friday. The initial look at next weekend, and it is never too early to think about the weekend, is pretty favorable. We should see a continuation of the sunny weather and daily highs in the upper 70s to near 80 degrees, and overnight lows in the 40s to near 50.

Today is another one of those "supposed" days off. Since Monday typically starts with a butt-whoopin' at tennis, I am up early. Did I tell you about yesterday's butt-whoopin' in softball? Never mind. Even if it is a day off, I still have class to teach, and I will be stopping through the office at church to finish up that which I didn't yesterday, and to get started on that which I need to do tomorrow. This afternoon Kay and I will embark on some woodworking to build furniture, actually a couple of small altars, for the pre-school rooms. Kay is the designer (management), and I am the builder (labor).

No comments:

Post a Comment