Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend Winding Down

Earlier today I promised that I would try to post some pictures of the church, but I just couldn't get that done. Feeling guilty, I had to put pictures of something on here, so here are some shots of the altars that Kay and I built a couple of weeks ago. These will be going into the pre-school rooms at Meadowlane Christian School. If you look closely at the workmanship you can easily tell that Kay was totally in charge of the project, and I was only responsible for some of the cutting. If I had a more substantial roll in the construction there would no doubt be blood and small body parts visible in these photos.

Now that the day is done we can look back at the official weather statistics. This morning's low temperature was 20 degrees, which broke the record by 4, and the afternoon high made it only to 40, which is more than 20 degrees below average for the 11th of October. It is already running a couple of degrees colder tonight than it was at this time last night so there is a pretty good chance that we will be in the teens in the morning. Take heart though, warmer air is on the way. At the same time there is a lot more moisture in the forecast for the middle to latter part of the week so our first rainy stretch of the fall season appears to be headed our way.

Before I head off to hit the sack I have to comment on this morning's church services. It was wonderful to have our neighbor's Jason and Sherilyn Moore there, along with their kids Jillian and Brady. Please remember that Brady and I are members of a secret society, with a language and handshake that is know only to the two of us. Jason's dad and mom, Larry and Darlene Moore who are visiting from Boise were also there, along with another neighbor, Louis. It was great to have them all there in the early service, and made for a very relaxed atmosphere, at least from my perspective. We had another young family visit in the late service, so we got to meet some new friends as well. Beth was here this morning, and sang with us in the choir, but she had to leave for the airport right after we sang our song at the beginning at the 11:00 o'clock service, so it was kind of hard to see her go. She got back to school safely, and that is definitely a relief. I really miss her already. It was so nice having her home for the weekend. (Note: it is becoming harder to type as my eyes are welling up with tears)

Kay will be leaving early Tuesday to go to Seaside, Oregon for an early childhood center seminar and teacher's conference. She will be gone through Friday evening. That means that I will be home alone, with only Dixie to keep me in line. I am afraid that I might end up in jail and Dixie won't have sufficient funds to bail me out. I am hoping that those of you who know me will be able to help keep me on the straight and narrow this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment