Monday, October 26, 2009

Rain On The Roof


I was awakened by the pitter patter of rain drops above my head. Fortunately there is a roof between my head and all of those raindrops so I did not start the day off wet behind the ears. The rain will be a constant theme of the day, which is alright since one usually doesn't schedule a lot of outdoor activities this late in October, especially on a Monday. Tennis will be played indoors, my class will be conducted indoors, and then I plan to hunker down in a spare room upstairs to start scaling the mountain of homework that I have to do for my seminary class. I hope to get most of it done this week. One thing that is rain sensitive is the paving of the road out in front of our new church and school building. Once that road is paved we will have very little contact with our "friendly" neighbor. Did I tell you about our neighbor? Yes, I believe that I did. Anyway, I am posting one picture of his incomplete handiwork today. What his project ended up to be is much more impressive, a true gem of architecture and engineering. I'll have some shots of the finished product sometime this week. The paving crew is supposed to do the job today, but with the wet weather it may not happen until tomorrow.
Okay, back to the weather. It is going to be rather cool all week long. DUH! its late October. Most of the rain will fall today, and again Friday. Another large low pressure system is going to be dropping in at the end of the week. After today a few showers will linger on Tuesday. Wednesday should be dry with a few breaks in the clouds, so a little sunshine is there to look forward to. Clouds will rule on Thursday and then the rain again by Friday. Throughout the week daily high temperatures will be in the 40s. It still looks the same for Halloween, cool and cloudy with a few drips and dribbles

No comments:

Post a Comment