Monday, October 19, 2009

More Fog On The Way

The longer nights of October and the moisture that never seems to completely dry up from the ground this time of year will lend itself to another bout of widespread fog late tonight and early Tuesday around the Inland Northwest. Like today, the fog will give way to a partly sunny sky by tomorrow afternoon and the temperatures will top off in the mid to upper 50s. We are still on schedule for rain by Wednesday afternoon, and some more showers on Friday. Otherwise the weather will be dry for Thursday and the weekend, with near normal temperatures. That will put highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s.

Let see, what was accomplished today. I participated in a couple of meetings, but we must not have gotten much settled since I have two more tomorrow. Earlier this morning my regular Monday morning tennis extravaganza went pretty much according to the pattern. That pattern has John Happy, Mr. Happy to me, winning every set. Whoever happens to be partnered with John enjoys the fruits of his labor, those who are on the other side of the net endure a crushing defeat. I firmly believe that the only way to beat him will be by crushing his tibia, or fibula...whatever it takes. The guys have now decided that we should play on Wednesday mornings as well. I see it as another opportunity to remain very humble. Kay is going to be working at an institutional food service show tomorrow at the Spokane Convention Center. We have a friend who works in sales of commercial food service products, and they have these shows about 4 times a year. I have never been to one, but I believe that it entails people trying to convince the servers of institutional food to purchase things that nobody would ever want to eat unless it was the last thing left on earth with which to survive on. I may be wrong on that, but I have had the opportunity to consume institutional food in the past, so this is the basis of my opinion. Kay will spend the day saying "here...eat this" to ladies in white dresses and hair nets. I will spend the day tomorrow preparing for a school board meeting that very well could last into next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment