Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Rather Nasty Day











It is nasty weather-wise. In other aspects, we'll wait and see. I certainly hope not! As I have promised throughout the week, I am posting the first few pictures from the Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne, Indiana. You will notice the blue sky and sunshine. This is not an accurate depiction of the general weather throughout the week. We were blessed with an afternoon of sunshine on Wednesday, and again for Thursday morning. Other than that, it was rather nasty there too.

Now that I am back home I am concerned with the weather here in Spokane. We have been hovering around 36 to 37 degrees all night long, and with a heavy low cloud cover and occasional light rain showers it will be hard to get above 50 today. I am also monitoring the weather in Minneapolis, Minnesota where my mighty Wisconsin Badgers are taking on the Golden Rodents of East Dakota (er, Minnesota, and I guess it Golden Gophers not Rodents, but they are really rodents). This is Bucky Badger's first road game of the year, and they now play outside in East Dakota (I just can't seem to break that habit) in the beautiful new TCF Bank stadium. This will be a good test for a team that is 4 and 0, but many say they haven't played anyone yet. The weather in the Twin Cities is cloudy and damp, right now it is 46 degrees, and since the game starts in just over a half hour it will be that way for most if not all of the contest. Meanwhile, back here in Spokane, it will get even wetter later this afternoon, and then the showers will be dying down later tonight. Wind will take the place of the rain as tomorrow will be a breezy and cool day, with some clearing taking place for the afternoon. The highs tomorrow will be in the mid to upper 50s. Again, from there we will see nicer weather next week.

The pictures that I have included include, myself in front of the name placard on my dorm, the statue of Martin Luther near where you drive onto campus, the chapel, and Luther Hall (which contains the cafeteria...where we ate, and ate, and ate...).


Go Badgers

No comments:

Post a Comment