Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Midweek Report

My how time flies. Tuesday is pretty much history and Wednesday morning is on the way. There is not much exciting to report. Today was a good day, with a good deal being accomplished, but nothing earth shattering. I got some more of my course work done, and had a good day teaching. As a matter of fact, one of my students brought his girlfriend to class today so that she could see the "former Q-6 weatherman" in action. The best part about it was that for the entire hour she was nodding her head as a way of saying that what I was talking about made sense. The rest of the class had their usual puzzled or bored look on their faces. I hope that she comes back again tomorrow. Her name is Toni (I don't know if that is the proper spelling) and to be fair, her boyfriend Frank asks a lot of questions which tells me that he is interested in the material that I am trying to teach them. The bottom line is that this might be the best class that I have had in the 5 years that I have been teaching. All but one of them show up almost every day, and are putting in the effort to do well. For that I am truly thankful.

These are rather sad times at the church. Over the next two days all but one of the Laborers For Christ couples are going to be leaving us. The amount of work has diminished to the point that there isn't enough to keep them busy. Tomorrow Bob and Sue Madsen will be heading back to the Portland area, and on Thursday Tony and Evelyn Belendez will be heading out along with Dave and Judy Schreibeis. It is really hard to see them go since they have all become good friends, and members of our church family at St. John's. I ask all of you to pray for safe travels home for our brothers and sisters. They all have a special place in our hearts. Left behind will be Willie and Ellanour, our Project Managers. They are probably going to be around for awhile. They are truly a special couple, and we would never been able to accomplish what has been done without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment