Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Finished Product


I promised pictures of the completed fence that one of the neighbors of our church built down the middle of the driveway, and here they are. I am sure that you will want to spend countless hours gazing at this marvel of architecture and engineering. This drive has been used by several of the residents around us for 30 years or more, so it is a prescriptive right of way. That means that the neighbor cannot legally put the fence where he did. It really doesn't matter to us since we won't need to use it to access the new church. Basically, by putting up the fence he is abandoning his right to use our side, so again he seems to be shooting himself in the foot.
Remember how this morning got off to a rather bad start, and great sense of foreboding hung over my head? Well, my tennis outing was not a disaster, and as a matter of fact, I helped to administer a butt kicking to one or two of the members of my posse. I won't mention any names but John came out in the losing end twice. Actually, John and I were partners in the first set. As usual, we found ourselves down 5 to 2. We battled back and actually took a lead of 6 to 5, but lost in a tie-breaker. That set took almost an hour. From there it was Bill and I against John and Tuck. we got out to a 5 to 0 lead, and ended up winning 5 to 3. The rest of the day was rather nondescript.
The weather today was nondescript as well. Tomorrow may bring a few snowflakes, but mainly cold rain. he weather looks damp right into the weekend, but the Halloween forecast still looks decent. We should be near 50 on Saturday with just a few showers in the area, and evening temperatures may just hold up in the 40s.




No comments:

Post a Comment