Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Full Day

The day is finally winding down. It really turned out to be a good day, just quite busy. The Memory Walk this morning was great. It was a little nippy. No, it was a lot nippy, but we were prepared for that and so were a lot of other people. There definitely looked like there were more people there than last year, and I know that there were more dogs. Part of the event is a dog walk, and that seems to be a rousing success. Our team, Poppe's Pride, won the award for raising the most money. We must have had some really good fundraisers, because Kay and I, especially me, were quite the slackers in that regard. We managed to stop by the church during the regular Saturday pot luck lunch, and had the chance to talk to friends for awhile.

The late afternoon and evening was dominated by the "Sound of Thunder" Inland Northwest Marching Band Championships. It was a great event, but for the second straight year the evening was uncomfortably cold for both spectators and band members. I was, along with Kay, in a booth in the press box since I was the announcer for the event. We opened the window so that we could hear the bands, and that made it cold enough. I can only imagine how cold it was sitting in the stands on those aluminium bleachers. For some strange reason my brain and mouth were not working in unison, so I had a really hard time reading the material without stumbling all over myself. It probably wasn't as bad as I thought it was, most of us are usually our own worst critic.

Tomorrow morning I will be leading the worship and delivering the message at St. John's Lutheran Church. I will be talking about a cruise ship, and the experiences of two guys who are on their way from New York to London. You will have to show up at 8:30 or 11:00am to find out what happens to them. How's that for a tease? In the afternoon we have our final regular season softball game of the fall season. I just hope that I don't freeze to death. Today's high temperature was only 43 degrees, almost 20 degrees below normal. As of 10:00pm it is already down to 31, and we are on our way to another record in the morning as we will be getting down near 20! The sun will be out again tomorrow, but I don't think that it will be any warmer than today. It will be getting milder next week, but it will also cloud up and start to rain by Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday.

Nighty night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment