Friday, October 23, 2009

My Posse




I have written a lot about my Monday and Friday morning ritual of being humbled on the tennis court. True to form, earlier this morning, I got my butt kicked again. It is high time that I shared with you those who administer my morning thrashings. Here they are. That's Tuck to the right in the blue shirt, Bill above with the always neatly trimmed beard, and John in the bright white shirt. John usually wears something of a more striped nature, but today he wanted to distract my attention by wearing something that would distract my attention. It worked like a charm! These guys have such a great time humiliating me that they have decided that we need to play on Wednesday mornings too. I must admit, I have a wonderful time getting soundly beaten twice, now three times a week. These three guys are the best!
It is a good thing that we can play tennis indoors. If we couldn't we would never play. During the summer its too hot for the guys to play outside, and in the fall and winter it is too cold. I keep trying to get them to go outside, thinking it might be to my advantage, but I am not getting any takers. Today it would have been too wet. It started to rain at about the time we got things going this morning, 8:00am, and it rain for the rest of the day. Boy did it ever rain the rest of the day. We picked up 61 hundredths of an inch and it is still dripping out there this evening. The rain should leave us alone through the weekend. Tomorrow will be a partly sunny day with an afternoon high temperature in the low 50s, and Sunday should be mostly cloudy with temperatures about the same. More rain will be rolling in Sunday night.
I believe that I mentioned before that tomorrow marks the 100th birthday of Gladys Kumnick, one of our members at St. John's Lutheran Church. She is an amazing lady, and if you met her you wouldn't think that she is a day over 70! She is the epitome of the Energizer Bunny, she keeps going and going and going. I am firmly convinced that in a few years she will be on all of the network TV newscasts as the oldest person in the world, and she will definitely have a lot to say! Gladys shows no signs of slowing down, and that is the way we all like it! I'll have much more to say about Gladys, and her birthday party tomorrow...pictures included.





No comments:

Post a Comment