Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snizzle!

As I look out my window this morning there are very fine little snowflakes cascading down, kind of like a hybrid of snow and drizzle, which I will call drizzle. This is all fine with me since it is nice and warm inside of the office, and I don't have to go out for a few hours. As the day wears on the snizzle will change over to drizzle and light rain as we get a little bit warmer. It will be a slow process so we will see the light snow for a good part of the morning. All of this is the result of warmer trying to push in from the west and getting shoved up over a more dense layer of cold air near the ground that will be slow to move out. By tomorrow the warmer air will be taking over and that should push us back up into the 50s again. Halloween still looks mild. There may be a shower or two during the day, but the evening should turn out to be dry with temperatures in the 40s. That's not bad!

I need to get physically ready for the basketball season to begin again. That happens this weekend with the Halloween weekend AAU tournament. I will be officiating 2 games on Saturday, and two more Sunday afternoon. My preparation up to now has been a strict regimen of carbo loading, while conserving energy by refraining from anything strenuous or physically taxing. This workout routine seems to be going quite well. I will see the results this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment