Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Beautiful Day

As expected the clouds this morning drifted away, and the result was a beautiful day. How's that for poetry? We reached 60 degrees this afternoon in the Lilac City, which is pretty close to normal for early October. Tomorrow looks like it will be very much the same, so a cold start to the day will turn into a very nice autumn afternoon. Not much has changed in the forecast from there through the weekend. A cooler and dry air mass will be dropping in, so instead of 60 degree days we will see 50 degree weather by Friday through the weekend.

This weekend, especially Saturday, is going to be a big one. On Saturday I will be the emcee for the local Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk. Kay and I participate on the Poppe's Pride team in honor of one of the members of our church, Norma Poppe, who has Alzheimer's. Her daughter, Nancy Aslam, put the team together and keeps us going every year. That takes place Saturday morning to early afternoon. Later in the day I will be the announcer for the Inland Northwest Marching Band Championships at Joe Albi Stadium. I did the same thing last year and really enjoyed it. There are some incredible high school bands in the Spokane area and the Pacific Northwest that will be competing. On Sunday morning I will be leading the worship services and delivering the message at St John's Lutheran Church here in Spokane. Why don't you come and check us out at 8:30 or 11:00am. In the afternoon I will be partaking in the last softball doubleheader of the fall season. I sure wish I could run like I was 30 years old again, it is getting quite embarrassing!

The best thing about the upcoming weekend is that Beth will be coming home from college. They have Thursday and Friday off so she will be flying in Thursday afternoon, and staying until Sunday. It will be so nice to have her home again, even for just a few days. She sure seems to be enjoying her college experience, but I also know that she is looking forward to a few days in Spokane. Also, we will be seeing Larry and Darlene Moore as they will be visiting their son and daughter-in-law, Jason and Sherilyn Moore, our neighbors across the cul-de-sac. My buddy Brady and dog Lucy are very excited that they are coming. If I heard correctly, they will be here late tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment