Saturday, October 24, 2009

How Old Is Old?

Old is just a state of mind. Do you know anyone that has lived on this earth for 80 years? 90? how about 100? I know someone who has now been around for 100 years, and I dare not call her old!


Meet Gladys Kumnick...today we celebrated her 100th birthday. The usual perception of someone who is 100 years old is that the person will be pretty much housebound, or in a nursing home, and just living out their final days. That is not Gladys! She is active and out there. She still lives on her own. She still drives better than those of us that are half her age, and certainly better than those who are a quarter of her age. She is still active in the church and takes care of those who are much younger...you know the 80 and 90 year olds. Her party was a great time. I got to see some people that I haven't seen for a long time and got to meet some people that I have never met before. Gladys had a lot of family in from all over the country, and I really enjoyed getting to talk to them. They promised that I would see them again in church tomorrow.
I also got some pictures of the new church building today, some good shots of the interior. I will post them here tomorrow because I don't want to have Gladys share the pictorial hot spot. It was a beautiful sunny day today, with mild temperatures. I couldn't help thinking that God made it turn out that way in honor of the 100th birthday of one of His best servants.


1 comment:

  1. I love gladys!!! I am so glad we got to make it up for her party!! However, I still don't believe she is really 100! I remember when we first met her less then 10 years ago, we swore she was in her 60's! I think our favorite memory of her is driving all the ladies to our wedding, and she was the oldest one!
    I promised her we would make each party she had from now on, so i hope there are many many more!

    ReplyDelete