Sunday, November 22, 2009

Winding Down

What a day! It is finally just about over. Church went well this morning, in spite of the weather keeping a few folks away. By the time we left, just after noon, the roads were wet as the snow had changed to rain and drizzle. Most of the snow has now melted, although since we live in one of the higher areas of town there is still about a half inch of slop out there on the ground. The next few days are looking milder, with rain tomorrow night, so the snow will probably be gone by Tuesday morning, if not before.

We went to lunch after church with our friends David and Laurie. You can see David's picture in a previous post from Saturday. Late this afternoon and evening I had a 3 hour basketball officials meeting. It was a clinic about how we can better do what we do. As a relative newcomer I found it very interesting, but I can just imagine that those guys that have been doing this for 20 to 30 years were rolling their eyes and thinking that it was all an incredible waste of time.

Tomorrow it is going to be back out onto the tennis court in the morning with my regular posse, at least I hope that they are all there. Tuck has yet to rejoin us after his surgical procedure a couple of weeks ago. I really miss having him there, except when he drives one down the alley past me for a winner. He does that quite often, only because I set myself up for it be cheating toward the middle of the court. I will then be heading to class to teach. We are entering the final two weeks of class. The afternoon is reserved for getting things done on the home front. Tuesday and Wednesday will be dedicated to writing sermons for the Thanksgiving service on Wednesday evening and for next Sunday. Kay and I are hoping to drive over to Seattle on Friday to see Mark and Liz Munderloh. Mark is continuing to slowly but surely recover from his electrical accident on the construction site of our new church back in September. It would be nice if we could get prayers for good weather over the pass on Friday, and for our return trip on Saturday.

Note to Norie; If you would like to leave a comment you have to sign up for a gmail account (Google). It is free. Then you can also become a follower. I love my followers...I wish that I had more!

No comments:

Post a Comment