Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gonna See Some Sun

I managed to get up before the sun today, which isn't all that difficult in the middle of November. The sky is nice and clear so the sun will be shining today...always a good thing in the middle of November. It will be a brisk fall day as temperatures struggle from freezing this morning into the mid 40s this afternoon. These are the type of fall days that a lot of people like, cool and refreshing. The clouds and the rain will be back tomorrow, and Friday, and by Saturday night into Sunday morning it is looking like a little more snow is coming our way. I'll take the sunny day!

Wednesday is here, and that means the usual Wednesday routine which starts off on the tennis court at 8am. I hope that Tuck is back with the group today, all recovered from his surgical procedure last Monday. It will be nice to have my regular posse all in place. Jim Guyer filled in very well, too well if you ask me, but then who's asking me? This is a busy week at the church since we are trying to get ahead of the game for the holidays. Yesterday I prepared two service, one for Sunday and one for Thanksgiving. Today I will be working on next Sunday and starting to plan the Christmas services. Thanksgiving next week means that the office will be closed for a couple of days, and that means the work has to be done this week. Oh well, its a labor of love! Tonight we have choir practice, and that is always a lot of fun. The bass section tends to get a little out of hand. Lately Kay and I have taken to stopping at Waddell's for a brew after singing. That is a tradition that I hope will continue.

1 comment:

  1. Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

    -----Ben Franklin

    ReplyDelete