Thursday, November 19, 2009

Knees Crying!

I had a doctors appointment earlier today for the yearly physically. The bottom line is that I probably won't die in the next year unless I get hit by a bus. Tonight, I feel a bit like I have been hit by a bus. After the appointment I was off to referee two girl's basketball games in Reardan, about 15 miles west of Spokane. The first game was 7th graders, and the 2nd was 8th graders. The competition was pretty good, but the quality of play left a little bit to be desired. The one common denominator of the 2 games was the fact that the teams pushed the ball up the court on every possession, and these old knees got a little tired of that by the end of the evening. I little time in the hot tub has made things a bit better, so I am now looking forward to tomorrow morning when I can get back out on the tennis court to embarrass myself again.

The rain and snow from earlier today, which quickly changed to all rain, has long since ended. We should be dry until tomorrow afternoon, and then the rain will return. By later Saturday night into Sunday morning the weather will probably be getting a bit sloppy, as some slushy snow will probably fall. Up on the higher ground, which includes where we live, there will be some snow accumulation, while in the lower spots, such as downtown, it will probably just be wet. Anyway, this is typical November weather so what do you, or I expect? Temperatures tomorrow will be up around 50, but by Sunday we probably won't get out of the 30s.

One final note, tomorrow evening I will be going to the Gonzaga versus Indiana Purdue-Fort Wayne basketball game compliments of my buddy David (His law firm gets the tickets). I actually drove past the IPFW campus about a month and a half ago when I was in Fort Wayne to begin my first seminary class. That experience has me torn as to who to root for...GO ZAGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment