Monday, November 9, 2009

Got Er' Done!

The winterization of the yard is complete. All of the leaves a raked...er, mowed up and the back patio furniture is put away. I also swept out the garage this afternoon, but of course with winter coming that will just get full of all of that guck that collects in your wheel wells when you drive in the snow and then melts all over the garage floor. As a reward for all of my hard work my bride, Kay, took me to Bennedito's Pizza for dinner this evening. It was yummy. We got a small margherita and a small pesto pizza. Both were great.

Earlier today was my regular Monday morning tennis romp. I am usually the one who gets romped. That was certainly the case at the start today, but things got better as the morning went on. Tuck was in the midst of being prepped for some surgery this morning, so we had a sub, Jim Guyer, take his place. Jim is a great guy, and a very good tennis player. I informed the rest of the group that Jim was the first guy to ever kick my butt on a tennis court (it had happened in other venues quite a few times before that). He clobbered my a couple of years ago in a Labor Day weekend tournament when I had been playing for about a month. Today he picked up where he left off 2 years ago. Actually by the last set of the day Bill and I exacted our revenge. We won that one 6 to 4. Prior to that the teams that I was on were soundly thrashed by a total of 12 games to 1! I haven't gotten an update about Tuck's surgery today. I hope and pray that all went well , and that he will be back with us next week. I will report as soon as I find out.

It is raining again out there, but that's is alright with me. Later in the week we will probably see some snow. When and how much are the questions. I don't think it will be a major storm, but we should get our first measurable snowfall of the season. earlier today it was "slipperier than a cobb". That is another one of the goofy sayings that my dad always uses. How slippery can a cobb be? Cobbs are usually rather coarse in texture, so if anyone can shed a little light on this saying it just might straighten me out from a life of confusion. Anyway, it was icy this morning. That won't a problem tomorrow morning as temperatures will stay above freezing tonight. The rain should be gone by morning, and little sun is in the forecast for tomorrow afternoon. More rain will be coming Wednesday and that snow is looking like it will get here by Thursday night into Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment