Friday, November 6, 2009

Blowin' In The Wind

Wow...another song title, this time Bob Dylan. What does all of this say about the writer except that he's rather old. We had the rainy night, a total of 17 hundredths of an inch dampened the official rain bucket, and now we have the wind. Gust have been around 36, 37 miles per hour the past couple of hours, and that is the way it will be all day long. A few more showers will be popping up this afternoon, but for now the rain is gone. More rain will blow through this weekend, on and off, so we will be staying on the wet side for awhile. Snow will be a big deal in the mountains for the next few days. The snow level, the elevation that snowflakes melt and turn to raindrops will be lowering today to near 4,000 feet, and to as low as 3,000 feet at times over the weekend. Nearly all of the Spokane and Coeur d'Alene area are below 2,500. Along the river the elevation is below 2,000 feet. Higher up the snow will be accumulating and a Winter Storm Watch is up for the mountains of northeast Washington and the Idaho Panhandle for late tonight through Saturday night.

I got up earlier than normal today after being awake way earlier than I wanted to be. The alarm was set for 7:00am, but at 6:30 I finally decided to arise after lying awake since 5:30. This will give me time to properly prepare oatmeal before going off for my Friday morning butt kicking at the tennis club. I am not anticipating good things as my posse will be looking for payback from Wednesday. I'll let you know how it turns out later today. Have a great Friday...I'm off to boil my Quaker Oats.

1 comment:

  1. As one of your tennis buddies, I second the motion that says your game has greatly improved. This Wednesday, when you played so well, you showed up sporting a red shirt, same as mine! Today, I tried red again, but you wore green and the magic was gone, at least for me. Now I'll have to hunt up a green polo shirt. Or will it be blue next time?

    ReplyDelete