Friday, November 27, 2009

Go West Old Man

We are about to load up the Conestoga wagon (Toyota Corolla) and hit the trail heading west, Seattle or bust. After yesterday's eating extravaganza I think the bust part is more likely! After getting my gizzard all gassed up I did the same to the car last night and we are ready to go.

It has rained steadily ever since late yesterday afternoon, we've picked up almost a half an inch, and all I can say is that I am thankful that it hasn't been a few degrees colder causing all of this to come down as snow. The equivalent snowfall for this much moisture would be somewhere between 6 and 8 inches. Temperatures have been hovering around 40 degrees all night long so snow is not an issue. The forecast for Snoqualmie Pass heading into Seattle is also showing rain, not snow, so that is a good thing. The only concern for our travels is the traffic, but since this is Friday, and we are staying away from major shopping areas, I anticipate few problems. I will file a report from the road (more likely a hotel room if the Red Lion Hotel has a decent wireless network) this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment