Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One Of Those Dreaded Nights

I have been sitting for the past couple of hours wondering what I was going to write about. This is a great fear of anyone that does this blogging thing in that if what I put out is not interesting no one will want to read it. If no one reads it, then what is the point? So you I fear that you might not understand my predicament.

After eating supper tonight, and some prompting from my wife Kay, I have decided to invite all of you for dinner. Kay is an incredible cook...just ask her! I really mean that! She is an incredible cook. This afternoon she was watching Rachel Ray, which is rather odd since she usually finds Rachel Ray rather annoying. Anyway, Ms. Ray made a breaded chicken and salad dish, a 30 minute meal, and Kay thought that it might make a good dinner for us tonight. I had a meeting for basketball officials this evening at 6:00pm, and I wasn't sure how long it would last. I told Kay that I would call her when it was over so that she could start making our evening meal. You have to understand that most people have a regular suppertime, which usually varies by a half an hour or so. We are not nearly that disciplined. We might have dinner anytime between 6 and 11pm. Anyway, The meeting ended just after 7, and I called as I had promised. When I got home Kay was in the middle of the meal preparation, and informed my that she was putting her own interpretation into the recipe that she had seen earlier today. The end result was incredible. I would best describe it as restaurant quality comfort food. Once again...you are invited to join us for dinner at your convenience, just give us an hour or two heads up. (Note: Kay doesn't know that I have extended this invitation)

Weather-wise it did indeed turn out to be a nice day. The fog burned away quickly except for right along the river where it hung around into the afternoon. Tomorrow will be a little bit warmer, but the fog will once again greet us in the early morn. The clouds are back on Thursday with rain Thursday night into Friday. It will remain on the mild side on Thursday, in the 50s, and then cool off again into the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment