Thursday, November 12, 2009

Frost And Fog

The fog is lying thick and heavy over the Spokane area this morning, and with temperatures blow freezing it is pretty frosty too, I'm sure some of that frost has formed on the road surfaces, so it is probably slick in spots. I will be heading north today, to a Circuit Pastors conference at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in north Spokane. In the middle of the whole thing I will be heading for my meteorology class to give the students their second exam of the course. Its a really good one. I think they'll enjoy it! The conference will last until about 3:00pm, and then it will be back to work to finish the evangelism outreach plan that I am writing for my church, St. John's, as the final project for my seminary class this quarter. It is due Sunday, and right now I am at 14 pages and counting. I hope to finish the monster today, and then edit it down to a reasonable size tomorrow before turning it in. Then I get a two week break before the next quarter begins. WOOHOO!

Did I say snow? Perhaps I am avoiding that word due to the lack of excitement that I have for seeing it fall through the air and collect on the ground. The latest computer forecast models are slowing the onset of precipitation, snow, tomorrow and seem to be keeping more of the energy to our west and south with the weather system that will be bringing. This is all slightly good news, as if the snow falls mainly during the day most of the roads will be wet rather than white. Also, with the strongest part of the system passing west and south of us the amount of snow will be less than if it barreled right in. I still look for an inch or so on the grassy areas by tomorrow night, with maybe two inches over the higher parts of town like the South Hill, West Plains and Five Mile Prairie. Beyond that it will stay cold, highs in the 30s through the weekend, and then warm up a bit with rainy weather early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment