Thursday, November 5, 2009

I Love A Rainy Night

Does anyone remember that song? "I Love a Rainy Night" by Eddie Rabbit. If you do you must be as old or older than I am. I'm so sorry! It has been a rainy night, at least thus far. It probably will stay that way too. I really do love the rain. Maybe that's why I liked living in Florida so much. Now snow, on the other hand, I can definitely do without. People around here are always talking about how they love the four seasons. To that I say "horse hockey"! You can have your 4 seasons...Frankie Vallie and all (Wow...that's even older..."Oh what a night, late December back in 63. What a very special time for me..."). I grew up with 4 seasons, and spent a good part of my first 30 years shoveling the 4 seasons. I much prefer the situation in north Florida, 3 seasons, 10 months of summer, a month of fall and a month of spring. That suits me just fine. Anyway, back to the rain. Now that the tap has been turned on it looks like it will be very hard to turn off again. Occasional wet weather is going to be with us for the next week or more. As I mentioned this morning it is going to be getting cooler too, resulting in falling snow levels. We should start to see some pretty hefty accumulations over the mountain areas of the Inland Northwest this weekend into next week. It is far too early to start thinking about ski areas opening, but they may be seeing the beginnings of a base building. Today's official high was 51 degrees, and tomorrow should be near 50 again. From Saturday through at least next Wednesday most of the daytime highs will be in the mid 40s.

Tomorrow morning is almost here. That means it will be time to get back out on the tennis court. It will be interesting to see if I return to my usual inept self, or am able to continue to play at the level that I did on Wednesday. If I were a betting man, I would bet on the former. Of course it would be pretty ridiculous if anyone ever bet on me. Tomorrow is Friday. Now there is a revelation. To me Friday is much like any other day, which applies to Saturday and Sunday too. Sunday is different because of all of the things that go on at church. I guess what I am trying to say is that every day is about as busy as all of the others. I have one more week to go in the first quarter of my seminary education. After that I get a 2 week break. I am looking forward to that so that I can reconnect with my wife What's Her Name? There is only one more month to go in the aviation weather class that I teach at the community college, so once that is over some of the pressure will be off. Along with that some of the income will be gone as well.

Before I go...a note to Sally...thanks for reading and the pasta recipe that I talked about a month ago can be found by going to the archive and clicking on October. Just scroll down to the post titled "Famous Pasta Sauce" and there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment