Sunday, November 15, 2009

It Is Finished!

I may have borrowed that line from a higher authority, but it is the best way that I can sum up where I am at right now. The first quarter of my seminary education has been completed. My final project for the quarter has been turned in and I celebrated by taking a nap this afternoon. That was SWEET! It is the first time in about 3 weeks that I have slept like a baby...no...I didn't fill my pants in the process. I have a two week break before the next quarter begins so I am looking forward to a couple of weeks of lower stress which will take us through Thanksgiving. Speaking of Thanksgiving, right now we have no plans for the day, so if you would like to invite us over it would be just fine with us. We'll even bring the food and cook it!

Most of the snow has melted from the ground. It is starting to rain a little bit right now. For the first time since Friday afternoon the temperature has gotten back up above freezing again, and as a matter of fact, it is now the warmest that it has been all day at 36 degrees. Tomorrow we should be into the mid 40s, and it looks pretty mild through the entire week. Clouds and a little sprinkle will be the rule as well, so it looks like typical November weather.

Life is good as the Badgers and the Packers both came out of the weekend's games victorious. The college basketball season is off to a good start too as both the Gonzaga Bulldogs and Wisconsin Badgers both had convincing victories over lesser opponents this weekends. I look forward to the day that I might be able to officiate a division one college basketball game. Given that I started being an official this late in life, last year, that will probably never happen. A person can still dream though, can't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment