Saturday, January 30, 2010

What, No Football?

Here I sit facing a very gray Saturday morning, and the even gloomier prospect of no football on TV this weekend. I don't count the Pro Bowl...I don't watch the Pro Bowl...No one watches the Pro Bowl! College basketball doesn't really get exciting until the tournament in March, and the Australian Open tennis finals are in the middle of the night! That's way past my bedtime. What am I going to do? I guess I'll have to put in an honest day's work and then run up and down a basketball court for a couple of hours to pass the time.

We are likely to get a little rain later on tonight, very little, and the warmer than normal weather will just keep going...and going...and going. The normal high temperature is now 35 degrees, and we should be in the low to mid 40s right through next week. Throw in a day with more sunshine and we should be up near 50. Most of the time it will be generally cloudy, with a few spits and sprinkles of rain from time to time, but there doesn't appear to be any flooding rainstorms headed in this general direction.

1 comment: