Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Stars At Night, Shine Big And Bright!

No, we are not deep in the heart of Texas...but the stars are out tonight. We know that since we just climbed out of the hot tub (there is a message there to our friends from the Denver area who are right now visiting family in the deep freeze of Michigan). The wet weather has finally departed, and we are in for a couple of sunnier and drier days. All of the mud will be freezing tonight, the temperature is already down to 31 degrees, so we won't have all of that water around to make things foggy and cloudy for a few days.

I had a successful day on the basketball court today. Actually, I only had one game to officiate, a JV game out at Reardan High School. It was a blow out for the home team over an small group (just 6 players) from Sprague-Harrington. My partner and I both stand 6 feet 6 inches tall, so the coaches and players didn't give us any guff. That always seems to be the case. Whenever I work a game the coaches seem to bellyache more to my partner, especially if he or she is significantly shorter than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment