Monday, January 11, 2010

One Down...Four To Go

Monday is just about in the history books, all in all it has been a productive day. I hope that tomorrow is more of the same. I have a meeting at 8:00am, and later in the day I am off to the basketball court to officiate a high school boys JV game. Speaking of the court, I have been encouraged to write a note about today's happenings on the tennis court. Rather than being the butt kickee, I ended up being more of the butt kicker. How that happened I haven't a clue, but I'll savor the moment nonetheless. In the first set my partner, John, and I quickly went down 3 games to none. Shortly there after we found ourselves behind 5 to 2. At that point I said to John; "we're going to win this set". We got behind 30-15 in that game, and I asked John if I should reconsider my position. He said no, and we played on. The outcome...we came back to win 7-5. The next set also turned out to be a win for my team. We started a 3rd, but had to stop at 2-2 as we ran out of time. As I mentioned before, this type of success is unprecedented. We'll see what happens on Wednesday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment