Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rolling Along

The sun is shining through the office window again this morning, and it is going to be close to 50 degrees outside again this afternoon. How much more of this came we take? I am even wearing a short sleeved shirt! The weather will be cooling down some into the weekend, and the rain may well be mixed with some snowflakes, but there is still no imminent signs that normal January weather is going to return anytime soon. We must keep in mind that the normal high temperatures are in the low 30s, and the normal lows in the low 20s. So far this month, and we are two thirds of the way through, we are having the 12th warmest January on record in the 130 years that those records have been kept. Over the weekend the high temperatures will be closer to 40 than 50, and like I said before there are a few raindrops and snowflakes that are headed this way, but not a lot of either of them.

Last night I had a boys high school basketball game to call out at West Valley High. It seems I go there a lot. It was actually a "C" squad game, but the quality of play was quite good. The game turned out to be a very entertaining one as well, a one point victory for West Valley over Gonzaga Prep, after being down by as much as 15 in the first half. I have another game tomorrow evening, and two more on Saturday. In between I need to get my school work done for the week and prepare the message for this Sunday's services. I guess I should get off the computer and get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment