Sunday, January 10, 2010

Need To Get Back To Work

Have you ever had one of those weekends where you end up being so pooped out that you just have to get back to the routine of the workweek to rest up a bit. That is where I am at. I am still trying to recover from Saturday, almost 7 hours of running up and down a basketball court, and a full morning of church earlier today. I am not complaining, I enjoyed it all, but it all does tend to tucker a fella out!

The sun came out today, and the temperatures rose to near 40 degrees, so most of that ice that accumulated yesterday is gone. That is with the exception of the front of our house, the driveway and sidewalks, which I swear are the coldest place this side of Whitehorse in the Yukon. last year I think it took until the 4th of July for all of the snow to melt off of our front yard, and today while I was taking down the snowflake lights from the front of the house it was a slippery ordeal to get back and forth from the garage and up and down the ladder. No one was injured though, which is a blessing, so I can head for the tennis court tomorrow morning in relatively good physical condition (not necessarily in good physical shape) to receive my regular butt whoopin' from my posse.

Looking ahead to the weather this week it appears as if we are headed back into the mud. The temperatures will be warm, consistently above freezing, and more rain will be coming in tomorrow through Tuesday. It will be staying on the mild side right into next weekend so there is no sign that the winter of 2009-2010 is going to get serious anytime soon. I haven't heard too many complaints about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment