Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another Sunny Start

The sun is shining brightly through my office window again this morning, and helping to warm things up a little bit in here too. The day will go on this way, although I lose the direct sunbeam in my window in the afternoon and I am sure it will be getting chilly again. Tomorrow the clouds will be back, and it looks like the weather will be getting a bit messy on Friday night and Saturday. That is not a good prospect for me since I have to officiate a basketball game at 5:30 tomorrow evening, and a couple more beginning at 8:00am Saturday. Tomorrow's shouldn't be too much of a problem getting to, its in town and if anything is falling it will only be a few snowflakes, but later Friday night we may be getting some freezing rain, and we all know how much fun that can be! Warmer and more moist air will be coming in from the Pacific late tomorrow into Saturday, and as it does it will be forced up over the pool of chilly dry air that is here right now. Cold dry air is more dense than warm moist air so the warm air rises over it producing clouds and precipitation. By Saturday midday the warmer air will push the colder air out, and temperatures will rise above freezing. Its Saturday morning that looks like it could be a bit of a bugger! Oh well...we'll deal with it.

Today I am going to be "doing lunch" with a friend from my TV days, which were not that long ago. It will be good to catch up on what is going on at the old salt mine, and how everyone is doing that is still serving their sentences their. Really, it isn't that bad, but whenever anyone asks me if I miss that job (it happened again last night) I instantly and truthfully say no, not at all! I do miss the people that I worked with though. They are a great group and we had a lot of fun!

I'll have some updated pictures of the new church (interior) to post later this evening. Tonight is the national championship college football game. I don't have a clue as to who to root for!

No comments:

Post a Comment