Friday, January 29, 2010

Ready For School






















Meadowlane Christian School opens with preschool classes on Monday. As you can see from the pictures we are ready to go, and there is a lot of extra room to expand in the future. We are already getting a flood of calls from parents wanting to sign their kids up for next fall. I am still amazed that there was not one stick standing in a vertical direction back on the first of July of 2009.
Today turned out to be quite a day. Tennis this morning started out abysmal. It got better as time went along. My partner and I lost the 1st set 6-0. The next set was a 6-2 win and the final set went 6-0 in our direction. we switch partners after each set, so I guess that the failure of the first set was not all my fault.
When I got to the church I found out that one of our eldest members was in the hospital, and was not doing well. Kay and I went and spent a couple of hours with her. I don't think that she will be with us on this earth much longer, and she just wants to go home to Jesus. I just have to marvel at her faith! As we were leaving the hospital, and getting on the elevator to go down to the main floor, out of the blue, a man asked me what I was doing for God today. I said that I was now working for him, which I think took him by surprise.
I went to the church this morning with the goal of writing the sermon for Sunday's services. It was a little later than I thought, but I did manage to get it done. I think that it will turn out to be pretty good, at least I hope and pray that it does, so show up on Sunday morning at 8:30 or 11:00am to see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment