Sunday, December 13, 2009

WOW...What A weekend!

For most of us, the weekend means a break from the action, and a chance to settle down a bit and catch out breath. That is not at all what this weekend was all about, but the good news is that it went by very fast. None of it was unpleasant...quite the contrary...it was very enjoyable. It was just that it came at a hectic pace, and now that is behind me. Church this morning was fantastic! We had a lot of visitors, some who have been with us before. That is always humbling and gratifying, that people will come back again. I was also told that the service and the message today connected to some of our people, which is the highest affirmation that you can get.

This afternoon we got into a trailer filled with hay bales and went out Christmas caroling in the neighborhoods around our church. It was cold, but it was a lot of fun. I had to take off early to attend a meeting for basketball officials in the Spokane area. That was good and very informative as well. After the meeting I went to a Christmas tree lighting celebration for the neighborhood just to the south of the church, and then made it home at about 7:30 this evening. We had a nice roast chicken dinner that Kay made, and then played games with Kay's mom. Like I said, the day went fast but it was very nice.

I hope that Monday goes as well...we'll see how tennis goes in the morning. Tomorrow is my day off, and I am planning to go Christmas shopping with my mother-in-law. Wish me luck! Actually, Kay's mom is great, and I look forward to spending some quality time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment