Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Good Neighbors











We had our first "real" snowfall of the winter season last night, with the result being a measured 3 and a half inches out on the back patio. Before I could brandish my snow shovel the sound of power was heard outside our house. That sound was our neighbor Louis and his John Deere tractor with snow blower attachment blowing the snow off of our driveway. All I have to say is; thank you Louis! Job well done! By noon the snow had turned to rain, and the 3 and a half inches on the back patio has diminished to an inch and a half. The other surprise was the snowplow that came through the neighborhood piled all of the snow in the middle of the cul-de-sac, and not in our front yard, so that was a treat.
I made it to the church okay this morning, but getting up the hill to the house was a bit of a challenge. I had to back up and make a second run at it, and persistence paid off as I kept the wheels going and made it all the way up...barely.
Late this afternoon and evening I had two JV basketball games to referee at West Valley High School in the city of Spokane Valley. It was sloppy and slushy driving getting there, but not too bad. We had girls first, and then boys in the second game. I must say...tonight was a struggle. My brain was not working as fast as the games were going, especially the boys game. I really struggled. I had a very good partner, a seasoned veteran. He tried to help me out with suggestions of what I could do better, and they were good suggestions. It is just that I got into overload mode and that made things difficult. All in all, I made most of the right calls, but I am sure that I didn't look confident in what I was doing. The coaches pick up on that and it makes for a difficult evening. Oh well, I will be back out there on Friday afternoon at Northwest Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment