Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dusty & Crusty

The streets up around the higher parts of the city are a bit slick, as a little bit of snow fell last evening and partially melted before freezing into a lump bumpy crust in some spots. On the lawns there is a thin carpet of white, which in most cases won't last the day. The temperature this morning is 30 degrees, and that is the first time that we have been below freezing since the middle of last week. It is all quite strange, first we go a week and a half without seeing anything near to the plus side of freezing, and that is immediately followed by a week where it never gets below, clear evidence that the weather is cyclical.

Here it is, December 22nd. I should probably start getting ready for Christmas. I will be heading out to do some of my early shopping with my daughter Beth late this afternoon, and if I stay on task I should have everything done, and I will be ready for all of the Christmas festivities, by next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment