Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Getting Colder

The temperatures are heading down toward the 20s tonight, but the winds are light, so it might be a good night for the hot tub. I finished the Christmas shopping today, and I think that I did a pretty good job this year...if I do say so myself. I spent the work day preparing for what I am going to say during the Christmas services. We have two services on Christmas Eve, one on Christmas Day, and then another service on Sunday. That means that I have 4 sermons to do in 3 days, and all will be different. At this point 3 are done and ready to go, and the one for Sunday remains but a jumble of disjointed ideas rolling around in my head. If you would like to hear one, or suffer from chronic insomnia, come by on Christmas Eve at 6 or 11pm, Christmas Day at 10am, or Sunday at 9:30 in the morning and see how things turn out.

Tomorrow morning is going to be packed with tennis. At 8am all 3 of us, myself, Kay and Beth will be at the club to get in some practice. At 9:30 I will be back with my posse for my regular round of humiliation. Actually, last Friday (I missed Monday to referee basketball) things went quite well. I came out on the winning end of both of the sets we played. That is extremely rare, and probably won't happen again until the year 2693. In spite of that, I will be out there trying again in the morning. I will have a full report for you later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment