Saturday, December 12, 2009

ARRRRGH!

I was just about done with an elegant post, perhaps the most elegant and eloquent of my blogging career, when it happened. I don't know how it happened, but it did. The cyber-cannibals ate my post. I was typing away, and whammo! Gone! Eaten by something far more sinister than Boris Badinoff! In my post I had written about my wonderful trip to Ritzville to officiate 3 high school basketball games. Now you will never know just how bad the basketball can be in a very small town at the "C" and JV level. Actually, the JV boys were quite good, and the game came down to the last minute of play. High school boys move at a very fast pace, something that I have never been accused of.

While I was away Kay and her mom made a huge batch of barbecue pork for our annual Christmas Open House next week. Half of the swine in Iowa gave their life for this event, so it behooves you to make plans to attend. We will be open for business next Sunday, December 20th, from 1 until 7pm.

Tomorrow is going to be another full day, with church in the morning, caroling in the neighborhoods in the mid afternoon, a basketball officials meeting from 3:30 to 6:00pm, followed by a Christmas tree lighting at the huge subdivision next to where our new church is. I am looking forward to Monday when things slow down...just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment