Thursday, December 17, 2009

Done Deal!

Most of the day was spent completing this week's homework assignment for my seminary class. I had a study guide to fill out with 24 essay questions, based upon the annunciation section of the 1st chapter of the Gospel of Luke. It is only about 12 verses of scripture, but the commentary on those 12 verses covers about 20 pages in the text book. Nearly half of the questions require independent research, so the bottom line is that assignment took nearly all day to complete. Complete it is though, so my assignments are done for the week and I have a 3 week break in the course for the Christmas holiday. WooHoo!

This morning we had a visit from Liz Munderloh at the church. If you have been a longtime reader of this blog you will recall that Liz is the wife of Mark Munderloh, the worker on our church building project who was severely injured in an electrical accident. Mark has been hospitalized in Seattle at Harborview Medical Center since the day of the accident, September 12th. He is flying back home to Texas tomorrow, and Liz is driving their SUV. She stopped through to see how the church project was coming along. It was so nice for Kay and I to see her again, and give her a tour of the place. It is nearing completion and she got a good picture of what the finished project will look like. Reflecting on Mark's accident it is a tremendous blessing that he is still alive, as nearly everyone who is injured in the manner that he was does not survive. Mark and Liz have been a blessing to all of us at St. John's Lutheran Church, and a blessing to all that have come across their path in Seattle. I pray that Lia and Mark get home safely, and that Mark's recovery continues until he is back to where he was before the accident.

Tomorrow there is a lot to do to, but mostly on the home front. We hope to find time to get a Christmas tree so it will be ready to decorate when Beth gets home on Saturday. I have basketball game to officiate late tomorrow afternoon, and I pledge to do better than I did on Tuesday. That should be an easy pledge to keep. Of course, tomorrow being Friday, I will start off on the tennis court getting my butt kicked all over the place. At least my posse is always pleasant as they administer my humiliation!

No comments:

Post a Comment