Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend Is Over

For most of us the weekend is a goal that we focus on...and can't wait to get here, but every once in a while it is something that must be endured. Right now I am at the point of relief in that this weekend has finally come to an end. It is not that it wasn't enjoyable, things went very well, it is just that there was an awful lot on the plate, and plate was full of things that I didn't want to mess up! I had two charity auctions to emcee, two church services to lead and preach in (plus Sunday School), and two tournament basketball games to officiate this afternoon. All in all everything turned out very well, but with the stress level being what it was leading up to all of these events, it is a relief to have them in the rear view mirror.

I believe that I have written about it before, but Kay and I are really enjoying the Winter Olympics. Kay has become quite the expert on curling, and I have been tuned into the hockey tournament...USA...USA...USA! If the National Hockey League would enforce the rules of the game like the Olympics do the sport would be a lot more popular. I think that there should be a worldwide league, with mostly regional play during the regular season, and then an international tournament at the end of each year. That is something that I would watch.

As we head into the week I guess I should say a few words about the weather. The weekend was beautiful, sunny and pleasant. The mornings have been cold but the afternoons have been nice, in the mid to upper 40s. Nothing much will change through Tuesday, and then the rain will be coming back on Wednesday. Overall, the mild winter will roll on with no sign of snow around here in the immediate to intermediate future.

No comments:

Post a Comment