Monday, February 8, 2010

Back To School

Remember those all-nighters from back in the college days? Actually, I don't...I was never one to stay up all night and cram for an exam, or finish a paper. I usually got the studying and the writing done early enough to get some sleep on the night before a big test. Now granted, as I write this it is only a little after 9:00 in the evening, but I have been busting it all afternoon and evening trying to get the jump on this week's classwork, because this week is going to be a monster. I did take a break to officiate a basketball game and quickly choke down a little dinner. Right now I am taking a study break to fill you in on just what is going on. I'll be back at it in a few minutes.

Did I mention that this is a busy week? Tomorrow starts off with staff devotions for the church and school employees, and it is chapel day for the 2 pre-school classes. I will be leading a service for 3 year olds at 9:15 in the morning. I am invisioning a cat herding extravaganza. The older kids...4 year olds...will have their chapel time at 12:45pm. Kay wants me to go out to Cheney sometime tomorrow to help move some furniture out of a house that belonged to the daughter of one of her quilting friends. The daughter passed away a couple of weeks ago and her house was left a bit of a mess. In the evening I have a church meeting, and in between I will be trying stuff in some of the mounds of homework that has been assigned for this week. Wednesday is Kay's birthday. I won't say which one, but it is very significant. Thursday will be the burial and memorial service for Eunice, the member of our church who left this life for the next last Thursday. I will be leading both services. Then it will be time to gear up for Sunday's services and get all of the homework done. Oh yeah...there are basketball games to do on Wednesday and again on Saturday. What am I? Nuts? Don't answer that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment