Thursday, February 18, 2010

An Olympic Effort

While watching Winter Olympics from Vancouver over the past several nights I have made the comment, on several occasions, how nice that it is to be able to watch the games and not have be at work until the wee wee hours of the morning. Did I just say wee-wee? Pardon my French. Anyway, having spent the better part of the past 20 years at NBC TV stations I must admit that up until this year the Olympics have been a real pain in the patoot! Kay is really into it as well. She finally understands that curling is not just something that you do to your hair, and the ends that they talk about are not split ends! I have a soft spot in my heart for the Winter Games, as 30 years ago, as I had just entered graduate school and was making a little bit of money as a teaching assistant and a research assistant, I made my first major purchase. It was a 19 inch color TV that I bought for $309.00 from Crazy TV Lenny at American TV. It was procured so that we, my buddies and I, could watch the Olympic hockey tournament. The games that year were in Lake Placid, New York. You may remember that...the "Miracle on Ice". Well played if I must say so myself!

And now...the weather. The sun did manage to come out this afternoon in the Latah Valley, and the temperatures made it into the middle 40s. We were just out in the hot tub counting the stars this evening, so the skies are pretty clear right now. As I have been saying the last couple of days the weather is going to be very uneventful...pretty nice...through the weekend. The days will be fairly sunny, with some morning fog in the valleys, while the nights will be crisp and cool, down into the upper 20s. Daily highs will be in the low to mid 40s. Early next week we may see a little light rain mixed with snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment