Saturday, February 13, 2010

Olympian Effort






















We spent the evening watching the Olympics on TV, and eating Thai salad rolls. Both were very good. You have no idea how much fun it is to just sit and watch the Olympic games after about 20 years of working at an NBC TV station, which makes the whole thing a real pain in the patoot!
Earlier today I spent a couple of hours in court, or more appropriately, on the court. I had a couple of AAU basketball games to officiate, which went really well. It makes a big difference when you have a good partner, and today I had one of the best!
Upon wiping off all of the sweat from 3 hours of running up and down a basketball floor, I went to the church for awhile, and then Kay and I headed off to the Williamson's for their open house. David and Jenn, along with their two sons, are preparing to head of to France as missionaries planting churches in the small towns just north of Paris. Can you imagine uprooting your comfy life to head to an unknown place in a foreign culture, with two boys who are just about to enter high school? I am amazed by their willingness to follow the call of the Lord to witness in a place where faith, and the Church, have been abandoned long ago. They are in the final stages of raising funds for their mission, and if you would like to help I know exactly how to set you up. Just let me know!
Tomorrow morning I will be leading the services at church, and preaching the message. We are holding the services in one of the classrooms in the new building...a little more elbow room...Why not come and join us at 8:30 or 11:00am?

No comments:

Post a Comment