Friday, February 19, 2010

Strike Up The Band

I spent the evening serving as the emcee for the Central Valley High School (CVHS) "Jazz Under the Stars" fundraiser. I got invited to do this a couple of years ago after I served as the announcer for the Pacific Northwest Marching Band Championships at Joe Albi Stadium here in Spokane. The event is a silent auction and dessert concert to raise money for the band programs at CV, and the Jazz Bands from the high school and two of the middle schools that feed into it perform. The quality of the music is very good, and the attendance was quite impressive. I am always humbled when folks ask me to participate in their events. For the parents and staff of the school this is one of the most important things that they will do all year, and I don't want to mess it up. All in all, it went very well tonight. Tomorrow evening I will serve as the emcee for the North Idaho Christian School Auction in Hayden, Idaho. That's a suburb of Coeur d'Alene. Before you get the idea that I do this all the time, the fact that two of these events are occurring on the same weekend is totally coincidental. I probably won't have another one until October when the local Alzheimer's Association has their memory walk.

The weather today was very nice. I was wearing a short-sleeved shirt all day, at least until evening when I was sporting a suit and a tie. Things will be holding up well through the weekend into early next week. The air is now dry enough that fog won't be much of a problem. Saturday and Sunday in Spokane will be sunny days with temperatures rising up into the mid to upper 40s. The next rain should hold off until the middle of next week. Sounds to me like it is time to get the car washed...it is a rolling dirt ball right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment