Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back At It

After being out and about all day yesterday, I am back at my post in the office today. On Wednesday I spent most of the day at a conference on caring for the grieving and mourning. It was fascinating stuff, and very useful. The speaker was very good, so he kept the attention of the 200+ in the room very well. Last evening we had our Ash Wednesday service, and prior to that the first installment of our Wednesday evening Lenten soup suppers. I have to tell you, if you are ever hungry on a Wednesday evening, or just love soup, come on and join us. We eat at 6:00pm and there is always more than plenty to go around. The service went well, as I took another step along the path to "pastorhood" by placing the ashes on the foreheads of our worshipers, and presiding over the celebration of Holy Communion for the first time. It all turned out pretty well, as I did not suffer from any brain cramps that might cause me to forget the words.

Down here in the valley this morning it is foggy and gloomy again. Up on the hill, at our house, the sun is shining brightly. The sun will be emerging here before long as well, brightening up our day. Into the weekend all looks about the same, early morning fog followed by sunshine, and temperatures running from near 30 at daybreak to the mid 40s in the mid afternoons. I have lots of school work to complete today, and a sermon to prepare for Sunday, so I am not at a loos for something to do.

1 comment: